4 Февраля 2022
87 years ago - on February 4, 1935 - the first test train consisting of two cars passed from Sokolniki station to Park Kultury station in the Moscow Metro.
Preparatory work for the construction of the metro in Moscow began in the spring of 1932, and by October 1934 the construction of the first stage from Sokolniki station to Park Kultury station was completed. Two days after the test, the delegates of the VII All-Union Congress of Soviets became the first passengers of the metropolitan subway.
At 4:30 a.m. on May 15, 1935, the first two-section train (route No. 1) left the depot for the line. The movement of trains between Sokolniki and Park Kultury stations began, with a branch to Smolenskaya Square (Komintern, Arbatskaya and Smolenskaya stations). Later, metro trains began to be formed from four cars (two sections), and from March 1936 - from six cars (three sections).
The type A car remains a symbol of the Moscow Metro to this day.